Bronstien Tapped For Several Leadership Engagements
North Palm Beach, Florida… (November 1, 2008)… Jim Bronstien, President of Marine Business Advisors was tapped several times this past month for various leadership roles in both the local community and within the marine industry.
During the month of October, Bronstien was asked to chair a City of West Palm Beach waterfront advisory committee, lead an International group of Marine Industry executives on a group study tour, speak as a guest keynote speaker at Dockmaster’s annual conference, lead a media reception for Marina Pez Vela during the Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show, and assist Sacks Yacht Charter Group in furthering their business development. “While there are real challenges in the industry and economy right now, I am happy that my assistance and services are requested to a diverse group of industry and community organizations,” says Bronstien.
- The latest addition to downtown West Palm Beach includes brand new city docks. The officials in West Palm Beach asked Bronstien to chair a committee to determine how to operate and manage these docks to be sure proper use and functions and procedures are in place as the docks prepare to open in early 2009.
- Bronstien was also asked to lead a group study tour for Associated Marine Industries Annual Dry Stack and Marina Conference recently held in South Florida. A record number of people signed up for the 2 day study tour and included visits to 10 of the areas marinas and boatyards followed by daily roundtable discussion sessions. “We are delighted with the success of this year’s tour. Our final numbers exceeded our expectations and proved the need for this training. Jim’s contribution to the Study Tour and participation were vital to its success.” Says Kayce Florio, AMI Training Coordinator.
- Dockmaster Software Systems recently held their annual 4 day training conference in West Palm Beach. Over 100 participants came to town for this event and Bronstien was asked to provide a keynote speech on Day 2. Speaking on Project Management for marina and boatyard operators, his talk was particularly alluring to the attendees. “Jim told us things we should be doing that we had to admit we were not doing,” says John Whiticar of Whiticar boats. “I will go back to the yard and start some new actions after listening to Jim speak.”
- Marina Pez Vela, a new marina development project in Costa Rica in which Bronstien is a partner, held a widely attended Media reception at the Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show. Jim lead the presentation at this event in which approximately 50 marine industry media writers and other area dignitaries attended to get an update on the progress of this much anticipated marina project. For more information, visitwww.marinapezvela.com
- Sacks Yachting Group, a well known player in the yacht charter and brokerage business has engaged Bronstien to assist with furthering the development of their business. “We asked Jim to work with us on various business development issues as he understands both the business and the industry very well. We are excited to have him as part of our team,” says owner Jennifer Saia.
Bronstien has established himself as a marine industry consultant in high demand for both the international and domestic domains of the yacht industry. Thru Marine Business Advisors, he is very active in working with many diverse industry companies